People often say that marijuana moon rocks are the “champagne” of the cannabis industry. Some people also call these products “cannabis caviar.”
Moon rocks are made of different kinds of cannabis products that are rolled together to make one very strong nug. The name comes from the fact that they look like pebbles you might find on the moon. Let’s find out the most important details you need to know when it comes to cannabis moon rocks.
What Are Moon Rocks?
Moon rocks are small pieces of cannabis flower coated with kief and dipped in cannabis extracts. They often have more than 50% THC on average, which is why they are so popular. Not only do moon rocks look like something you might find on the moon’s surface, but they are also called that because smoking will likely give you an out-of-this-world high.
Although many cannabis consumers use the terms moon rocks and cannabis caviar interchangeably, these terms were initially meant to describe two different things. It is possible that cannabis caviar only means nugs that have been dipped in cannabis oil, but it could also mean “moon rocks.”
So, if you are buying moon rocks from a dispensary and you hear the budtender talking about caviar, you should make sure you are buying kief-covered moon rock weed.
What Is Moon Rock Made Of?
A cannabis moon rock is made of high-THC marijuana that has been covered in kief and then dipped in hash oil. Since moon rocks are mainly concentrated THC, they have the potential to give you one of the most potent highs that cannabis can give. Other components of moon rock include:
- Hash oil: Hash oil is a potent cannabis concentrate that can have up to 90% of the mind-altering chemical THC. It has all of the active parts of marijuana, like THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids, as well as terpenes. Hash oil might be able to help with pain and inflammation better than a regular flower product because of its potency. Dabbing is a way to use hash oil extract.
- Kief: Kief is made of crystals and covers cannabis plants to make them shine. These tiny dust-like crystals are called trichomes, and they are full of cannabinoids and other substances that are found in cannabis. When the trichomes of the cannabis plant fall off, kief is made. The kief catcher is the part of most cannabis grinders, which is placed at the very bottom and is meant to catch the kief from ground-up buds. People can sprinkle kief over their bowls or joints for a better high.
A cannabis moon rock looks a lot like a mossy rock. You will find a shiny cannabis bud covered in sticky hash oil when you break it open. It can have different levels of potency depending on what strains of cannabis were used to make them.
Moon Rocks’ History
The close relationship between cannabis culture and hip-hop that has been going on for a long time led to the idea of moon rocks. More specifically, they are the result of a mixtape project in which music artist Dr. Zodiak (Daniel Laughlin) and former Death Row Records executive vice president turned marijuana mogul Kurupt (Ricardo E. Brown) were working.
After Kurupt and Dr. Zodiak launched the first line of branded marijuana moon rocks, a number of other brands and dispensaries have come out with their own versions.
There isn’t a lot of info about where cannabis moon rocks came from, but many people believe that the cannabis dispensary Starbudz760 made them first. These are made with high-THC strains dipped in hash oil and rolled in kief. The Girl Scout Cookies strain was used in the past, but now any strain would do.
How Strong Are Moon Rocks?
Most people agree that the amount of psychoactive compound (THC) in moon rocks is between 50 and 60%. As a point of comparison, the typical flower has about 20% THC. There are a lot of differences between products in terms of how strong they are because most flowers, concentrates, and kief have varying potencies.
Moon rocks come in the form of boulders or crystals that are then broken up and snorted. After consumption, the moon rocks’ effects start to show after about half an hour and reach their peak between the two and three-hour marks. The effects of a moon rock high start in your head and slowly move down your body. Since moon rocks usually have more than one layer of concentrate, you get a product with a lot of psychoactive power.
Pros and Cons of Moon Rocks
Like any other cannabis product, using moon rocks come with advantages and disadvantages. Find out some of them below:
- They will really get you high, and they are not too expensive. Like dabs, a small amount of moon rocks goes a long way.
- Helpful for people who need or want a lot of THC
- They are a good conversation starter
- You will get a powerful high, which is not always a good thing for everyone)
- They tend to be messy, which is why people smoke them in glass pipes
- You have to keep them in a cool and dry place since they can be a sticky mess
Top Moon Rocks You Can Order Online
Moon rocks are now sold in various reputable and reliable dispensaries around Canada. If you are searching for moon rocks on the web, below are the best products you can order online today.
You should not use your grinder when preparing the moon rocks to avoid losing a huge amount of kief in the process. For optimum smoke and taste, tear the moon rocks into small pieces and smoke them using a pipe or bong made from glass.
- Caramel Moon Rocks: These consist of OG buds dipped in honey oil and covered in kief. They are sprayed with natural flavoring and consist of 51% to 60% THC. Smoking these moon rocks will induce a calming and soothing effect.
- Blueberry Moon Rocks: These are made with OG Hybrid buds that are dipped in honey oil and covered with kief. They are sprayed with natural flavoring to make you feel like you are taking a bite of blueberry while enjoying 51% to 60% THC content.
- Peaches & Cream Moon Rocks: These are made with OG buds dipped in honey oil and covered with kief. They are sprayed with natural flavoring to produce the peaches and cream taste. The buds have long orange hairs and consist of 51% to 60% THC. Smoking these moon rocks will induce a calming and soothing effect.
- Original Moon Rocks from Moonrock Canada: If you do not want any flavor on your moon rocks, try Moonrock Canada’s Original Moon Rocks. For 1 gram OG bud moon rock, you will get 51% to 60% THC. The effects of smoking these last longer than a regular gram of cannabis.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Moon Rocks: These are made with OG buds dipped in honey oil and covered with kief. They are sprayed with natural flavoring to produce the sweet flavor of strawberry cheesecake that everybody loves. The buds have long orange hairs and consist of 51% to 60% THC, which induces a calming and soothing effect.
- Grape Moon Rocks: These are made from OG buds that are dipped in honey oil, powdered with kief, and sprayed with a mouthwatering smell of natural flavoring. This is perfect for those who like the taste of grapes. The buds have long orange hairs and consist of 51% to 60% THC, which induces a calming and soothing effect.
How to Smoke Moon Rocks
Moon rocks are a type of concentrated cannabis that only experienced cannabis users should use due to their potency. Here are some tips that will help you prepare when using moon rocks and avoid substance abuse:
Use a Bong or Pipe Made From Glass
Moon rocks are not regular cannabis flowers. It would be best if you smoked them from a bong or a pipe made of glass. If you proceed to grind moon rocks, chances are they clog up your grinder, and most of the kief coating on them will probably fall off.
Because moon rocks are thick and greasy, you will have to pull them apart piece by piece, just like if you were trying to cut a Nerd’s Rope in half with another person. Take your glassware, pack your typical flower, and put the moon rock on top. Flick your lighter and burn the moon rock slowly. Inhale and exhale huge clouds.
Put Moon Rocks on Top of a Flower
Since moon rocks are greasy, they can be hard to light. But if you put them on top of a flower, you will be good to go. You can make a blunt or joint work if you crush up some moon rocks and put them on top of the ground bud before rolling it up. This may improve how well the moon rocks work for you.
Finish Your Chores and Tasks for the Day Before Lighting Up
Moon rocks are not the kind of thing that will make you feel high and ready to do something. If you still have work or a chore to finish for the day, you should finish those things before you smoke moon rocks. Otherwise, you will pass out and feel bad about the time you wasted when you woke up.
Potential Risks of Moon Rock
There is a chance for mental and physical risks when using moon rocks. Some of them are listed below:
High Doses of THC
Researchers are still studying how marijuana moon rocks with high THC affect the body and brain. If you have never tried marijuana before, you are more likely to have a bad reaction if it has a lot of THC. Higher THC levels may make someone more likely to become addicted to drugs if they use them regularly and in high doses.
Marijuana and Cannabis Risks
Most chemicals and carcinogens in tobacco smoke and marijuana smoke are almost the same. Such chemicals in marijuana smoke can irritate the lungs, which can cause cough and phlegm production.
Along with your lungs, your heart and kidneys are also at risk. The National Institute on Drug Abuse warns that when you smoke marijuana, your heart rate goes up to three hours after the high wears off. This may make you more likely to have a heart attack.
On top of that, it makes your immune system less effective, which makes it harder for your body to fight off infections. If a woman is pregnant and uses marijuana, she may be more likely to have problems during labor and delivery.
Safety Tips When Using Moon Rocks
Moon rocks can be quite strong. To try them, you should think about a few things first. These potent nuggets will mess with your mind and energy levels, which may make it impossible for you to do anything. Either take everything off your schedule or wait until you have a lot of free time before you try it.
Here is a list of more safety tips to remember when using moon rocks:
- Eat something before you smoke: Not only will this stop you from getting the munchies, but it will also lessen the drug’s side effects and keep you from feeling sick.
- Drink lots of water: Since smoking will almost certainly make your mouth dry, you should get a lot of water and drink it before, during, and after you smoke. Once you are high, you won’t want to move an inch to get a glass of good water. So, get a gallon of water and put it next to you while you smoke moon rocks.
- Consider your setting: Set and setting are both crucial. If you go out and hit some moon rocks, make sure you do it in a cozy place with a good vibe. Find a safe place to sit back and relax without having to do anything.
- Start slow: Start slowly, especially if you have never tried moon rocks or high-THC strains. Doing so can help weaken the effects. Try to give yourself at least a few minutes between each hit.
Even for people who have used marijuana before, moon rocks still have potent psychoactive effects. You should be very careful, especially if you are new to the cannabis industry. Cannabis companies are always coming up with new ways to make moon rocks by combining high-THC strains and cannabis oil. Make sure you only buy from a reliable and reputable dispensary.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are moon rocks?
Moon rocks are cannabis buds dipped in hash oil and rolled in kief. There isn’t much information about where moon rocks originally came from, but many people think that the cannabis dispensary Starbudz760 made them first. Then, the famous West Coast rapper Kurupt brought the product to a broader audience and trademarked his version, which he called Kurupt Moonrock.
How do you smoke moon rocks?
Experienced cannabis users should only be the only ones to use Moon rocks. Moon rocks are thick and greasy, so you will have to pull them apart piece by piece. To smoke them, cut a moon rock nug and place it on the rolling tray.
As was already said, it is best to use a glass smoking device like a bong, bubbler, or pipe to inhale the vapor that moon rocks make. On the other hand, if you smoke joints or blunts all the time, it is easy to learn how to smoke rolled moon rocks.
- Make sure to break your moon rocks into small pieces. Use scissors to cut them.
- Mix the moon rocks with the regular ground bud used to make the roll. This is the most important thing to do to make sure the rocks burn evenly. It is probably safe to say that a 50/50 mix of moon rocks and weed is the most you can get and still be able to smoke it.
- Make sure that your flower and moon rocks are mixed well.
- Low heat should be used to heat the tip of the joint evenly. When lighting the joint, you want it to burn evenly.
Do moon rocks make you high?
Yes. The amount of THC in moon rocks is between 50 and 60%, higher than the average flower with only about 20% THC. The effects of a moon rock high start slowly in your head and move down your body to your toes.
How much do moon rocks cost to buy?
As you might have guessed, the price of moon rocks is usually slightly higher per gram than your average top-shelf flower. Even though the price of moon rocks can change based on the quality of the flower, concentrate, and kief, they are usually more expensive than the same amount of bud. Remember, though, that it is made up of three ingredients and is much stronger than the flower.
Get Your Moon Rocks on Budlyft
Are you searching for the best place to get moon rocks? Check out the moon rocks we offer here on BudLyft! Order now to get your parcel within the day via our free same-day delivery service around Vancouver and Lower Mainland Canada. Register as a Budlyft Affiliate to get 10% base commissions plus bonuses for every product sold via your affiliate link!